|Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 03:58 pm: ||
Just quickly thinking about it, I'd say 7.
1. ink - putting ink on the fingers and transfering the ridge detail to paper with a contrasting back ground.
2. inkless method - need to buy special kits that put a clear substance on the fingers and then transfer the ridge detail to a special paper. When the clear substance comes in contact with the special paper it gets darker so you can see the images.
3. live scan images - rolling your fingers on a template and the computer photographs the images.
4. ultra sound -
5. put lotion on your fingers (or wipe your fingers on your forehead) and touch some paper. To visualize the latent prints you've created you can process the paper with powder or magnapowder. Then cover the images with tape so they aren't destroyed.
6. photography with a normal camera (vs a live scan computer)
7. Casting by using putty or Mikrosil.
There may be other methods but I think these are the most common ways to take fingerprints.
|Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 11:02 pm: ||
tell me the answer