Post Number: 47
|Posted on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:01 pm: ||
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
$45,406 – $72,633
HOURS OF DUTY:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 with occasional shift work, on-call assignments and call back to duty for priority cases.
February 16, 2015
DEFINITION: The duties and responsibilities of this position include implementing the Latent Print Section’s Quality Assurance Program and evaluating and monitoring the results as directed by the Unit Supervisor. Specific duties include: coordinating the Latent Print Section’s International Organization for Standardization (ISO) accreditation efforts; reviewing, evaluating and recommending changes to ensure ongoing compliance with ISO accreditation requirements; administering the Proficiency testing on a semi-annual basis; and overseeing the procurement of tests from outside vendors and the design of in-house proficiency tests, and evaluating the Section’s results. This position will also be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of training, certification, and examination records of the Latent Print Section’s personnel and ensuring that they meet ISO standards for curriculum, competency, and proficiency; assessing the Latent Print Section activities, policies and goals to determine compliance with ISO guidelines; developing proofs of compliance for applicable standards and assembling forms and proofs in a manner that will facilitate a review by accreditation assessors; and ensuring quality control activities are implemented. Additional duties include providing recommendations to the Supervisor, Latent Print Unit regarding the development, formulation and implementation of programs, policies and procedures to improve the quality of training and enhance the skills of Latent Print Section personnel. Will also conduct case work at the direction of the Unit Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the practices of latent fingerprint examination and processing.
• Perform the duties of a Latent Print Examiner.
• Knowledge of the uses, applications and methods of fingerprint classification systems.
• Ability to use and understand the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) and achieve certification from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
• Knowledge of crime scene techniques and procedures as they relate to obtaining latent fingerprints.
• Ability to develop in-depth training materials to meet accreditation requirements.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Ability to multi-task and balance case work with the duties associated with Quality Assurance.
• Manage special projects and administrative duties as directed by the Unit Supervisor.
• Available for on-call response to emergencies and when directed by the Unit Supervisor.
• Skill in processing latent fingerprint evidence.
• Skill in interpreting fingerprints as evidence in police investigations and court proceedings.
• Skill in writing reports.
• Testify in court as an expert witness on fingerprint evidence.
• Ability to communicate effectively with police agencies, court officials and co-workers.
• Ability to train others in fingerprint practices and methods.
• Ability to apply accepted codes, methods and principles in processing latent fingerprints.
• Skill and ability to successfully complete assigned proficiency tests.
• Periods of shift work may be required to maintain proper staffing levels.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree in Administration of Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
• Experience working in an Accredited Fingerprint Unit, with supervisory experience preferred.
• A minimum of (3) years of experience in the fingerprint discipline including (2) years working as a Latent Print Examiner, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Certified as a Latent Print Examiner by the International Association for Identification or acceptable equivalent, or the ability to obtain Certification within one year.
Please go to: www.stlouisco.com/police/careers
Print the application, and then forward completed application with cover letter and resume to:
Captain Mark Cox, Commander, Bureau of Staff Services
St. Louis County Police Department
7900 Forsyth Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63105